Instructors at 99 Jiu-Jitsu Academy San Diego
Eduardo Telles Moriera – Owner/Head Jiu-Jitsu Instructor
- 2017 European World Champion
(Absolute & Medium Heavy)
- 2015 European World Champion
(Medium Heavy & Open Class)
- 2013 No-Gi World Champion
- Pan American Champion (2007)
- Brazilian National Champion – CBJJE (2008)
- World Silver Medallist (1999 – Purple Belt) 3x
- World Bronze Medallist (2000 – Brown Belt, 2008 and 2010 Black Belt);
- 2x Pan American Silver Medallist (2005, 2006)
- 3x Brazilian National Silver Medallist (2001, 2005, 2006)
- 3x Pan American Bronze Medallist (2002 – Pesado and Absolute, 2004 Pesado)
Eduardo Telles is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu black belt under Fabio Gurgel and one of the most criative grapplers in the World. Famed for being a fan of the “Esquijitsu” (termed “weird Jiu-Jitsu” for it’s uniqueness) he created several atacks from the turtle guard, revolutionizing what once was defensive position. He also created several trademark setups from a position that became famous as the “Octupus Guard……
Wilson Reis is a Fighter out of Sao Paulo, Brazil competing in the flyweight division.
Reis has competed in Bellator, ShoXC, Cage Warriors and the UFC. Reis was the assistant coach on The Ultimate Fighter on Dominick Cruz’s Team. Wilson is a Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Roberto Godoi.
If your looking to improve your take downs and get into top physical shape for your next jiu jitsu competition Johnny Gurule has you covered.
-Maryland All State High School Wrestler
-York College of Pennsylvania Wrestling Team Member
-12 year US Marine Corps Veteran
-US Marine Corps Martial Arts Instructor
-Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Purple Belt;
1 x NoGi World Medalist
1 x NoGi National Champion
1 x NoGi Pan Am Medalist
-TRX Certified Trainer
-Certified Personal Trainer NPTI/NASM
-Performance Enhancement Specialist NASM
Purple Belt Robert Lopez teaches kids classes at 99HQ.
Bio Coming Soon.